Making of Wood/Concrete WC by rip

Published on: 03-09-2008 | Views: 284467

CREATED IN:

3D Max 9 and Vray for rendering, for post work I always use Photoshop.

CONCEPT:

This was a client work, and we ask me to create a simple and modern Bathroom with similar lines as the exterior house (FIG. 1), very simple and with a lot of concrete and Wood.

So I start for making a simple sketch in paper with the idea and after the approval from the client I get my hands to work! (FIG. 2).

MODELING

Due the fact this is a client job and the time is limited I use some premade models for filing the scene and make this more eye appealing!

BATHROOM MODELING

The Bathroom modeling actually is very simple, I started with a spline and from the top view I started modeling the bathroom walls, then with the extrude tool I give that walls volume. (FIG. 3). To create the windows and doors in the walls I convert the model to editable poly and then use the cut tool for creating them (FIG. 4).

Click to enlarge
Click to enlarge

The ceiling and the ground floor are just planes and simple boxes.

After making the base model I start to add detail to the bathroom, first was the wood panels in the wall, I fill all walls with panels in wood, for making this I use the Chamfer Box (In the Geometry > Extended Primitives > Chamfer Box) with the Following values (L;W;H;F) 90cm; 90cm; 3cm; 0.50 cm. (FIG. 5)

For the wood/metal plate around the bathroom I use a spline and then use the extrude modifier again to give volume. (FIG. 6)

Next Page (2 of 4) >>

Author Profile

More articles by rip
ADVERTISEMENT
Article Rating
blog comments powered by Disqus
Home - Archive - Top

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2