Making of Wrestiling Fighter by Eduardo Martín Julve

Published on: 12-02-2007 | Views: 29885
Click here to view bif image

I have always been fascinated by those amazing mexican figthers so I decided to create a 3D charicature of one of them. The image represents a photographic sesion of one of the fighters, may be to get some pictures for a magazine interview.

I started with a quick and simple rough sketch). Unfortunatelly Iґm not very skilled with the 2D stuff so I was deciding the look of the character as I was working on it in 3D.

I gathered some images from internet to get some ideas about the costumes of the real fighters and I used that information to dress up the character.

I modeled and textured the character in the standard "Da Vinci" position. Working that way it was easier the modeling, mirroring of the geometry and the creation of the UV maps. Once finished I did a quick rigg that allowed me to put him in the current pose. I wasnґt extremely worried about a perfect skinning because I was going to fix the bad deformation issues by hand once in the pose.

I used mental ray fast subsurface materials for the skin and standard maya shaders with specular maps for the costume.

Next Page (2 of 2) >>

Author Profile
More articles by Eduardo Martín Julve
ADVERTISEMENT
Article Rating
blog comments powered by Disqus
Home - Archive - Top

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2